The Re:cycled Collection by Solo New York is making waves in sustainability by turning recycled ocean-bound plastic into bags. Solo aims to eliminate 40 million plastic bottles from landfills by 2024 and is well on its way to doing so.
Solo’s sustainability efforts are broader than the recycled materials being used. All polybags (necessary for keeping moisture out during transport) are being replaced with biodegradable and compostable bags made of non-GMO corn starch. Plus, Solo’s company headquarters is powered by a rooftop solar array.
All tags, strings, and stuffing are made from 100 percent recycled and biodegradable materials. For every bag purchased from the Re:cycled Collection, Solo NY will plant a tree in partnership with the National Forest Service to offset the companies carbon footprint and build a greener planet.
Bags in the collection include:
- Re:vive Mini Backpack | $24.99 – The Re:vive Mini Backpack integrates fabric developed from respun plastic water bottles otherwise destined for the landfill. Made with a heather gray material, the Re:vive Mini includes adjustable shoulder straps, a front zippered pocket with a key clip, a cool black camo interior lining, and weighs only 0.57 lbs.
- Re:treat Carry-On | $129.99 – The Re:treat Carry-On is Solo’s first upright, rolling, carry-on bag. The exterior has a water-resistant coating. The Re:treat has a 40L carrying capacity, meeting carry-on requirements for most major airlines.
- Re:cover Backpack | $59.99 – The Re:cover Backpack is the perfect everyday backpack and fits everything you need while on the go. In a sleek heather grey material made from recycled PET bottles, this backpack has a padded laptop compartment, quick-access pockets, and a 20L capacity. Plus its back strap slides over luggage handles, making travel a breeze during travel.
- Re:store Tote | $53.51 – A do-it-all Tote bag is great for throwing in last-minute items while traveling. The Re:store tote features a padded compartment that fits 11″ to 15.6″ laptops, an interior organizer with key clip, front zippered pocket and quick-access back pocket, subtle black camo lining, and a back panel that slides over a luggage handle for ease during travel.
- Re:claim Backpack| $64.99 – The Re:claim Backpack is great for the person on-the-go. This pack has everything to keep you organized while running around town like a 15.6″ laptop compartment, two top loops to hold your jacket or umbrella, and a back strap that slides over a luggage handle. Plus it’s made out of six recycled PET bottles and has a 22L capacity.
- IRe:move Duffel | $64.99 – The Re:move Duffel is the ultimate travel essential. Great as a carry-on or for short trips, the duffel fits everything you need for a weekend getaway. Made with a heather gray material, the Re:move Duffel includes removable/adjustable shoulder straps, a front zippered pocket, an interior organizer section with key clip, and a back panel that slides over a luggage handle.
- Re:new Briefcase | $54.99 – The Re:new Briefcase is a chic, tech-friendly option for everyday use and a handy bag for travel. It has a padded laptop compartment for safekeeping and pockets for all other smaller electronics. The back strap slides over luggage for easy transport in bustling airports and trains.
- Re:start Underseat Rolling Case| $99.95 – Business on-the-go? The Re:start Underseat Rolling Case fits under the seat of most major airlines and has a water resistant coating to help protect your belongings from the weather. Plus it has a padded laptop sleeve and a number of pockets for organizing all your work essentials.
- Re:utilize Hybrid Backpack| $64.99 – The Re:utilize Hybrid Backpack boasts a sleek, urban cool, design into a versatile bag for everyday use. It’s equipped with a 15.6″ compartment, internal iPad/tablet pocket and two quick access pockets. For added comfort, the bag also includes padded carry handles and hideaway padded backpack straps.