AKU, an Italian footwear brand known for designing and producing hand-crafted hiking boots, is launching a complete line of hunting footwear to its North American collection in 2021. The AKU Hunting Collection will be available starting June 1 online and through specialty retailers in North America.
The AKU Hunting Collection will include 12 footwear options that are designed for a variety of different types of hunting. All of them are made with high-quality leathers, Vibram soles and Gore-tex liner. These features result in a boot that is comfortable, durable and that reduces foot fatigue for the long haul. Among the boots will be:
- Jager Evo GTX – A rugged boot series designed for hunting activities such as elk and mule deer hunting. They feature a thick full-grain leather upper that is made with one piece to reduce stitching. The tongue has asymmetric construction to reduce bulk and enhance waterproofness. The lace covers offer added safety in the bush. MSRP: $369-439.
- Riserva GTX – Featuring AKU’s patented Elica Stride Technology and a soft rear cuff collar, the Riserva collection is a backcountry hunting boot that makes it easy to walk long distances when elk, deer or grouse hunting in different terrain conditions. Available in either nubuck or full-grain leather; the rubber toe rand offers added protection, and the sole has a wide footprint with deep lugs for superior grip. MSRP: $299-389.
- Pilgrim Hi Combat GTX – A lightweight but supportive, agile boot, while bowhunting during the early season. The Pilgrim DS has been a U.K. Army Combat boot for years in Europe, and the boot’s features cross over to hunting nicely. The upper is made with AKU’s Air8000 breathable nylon and full-grain leather. Gore-tex liner and Vibram sole add to the performance features. The sole also has a high toe spring for comfortable walking. MSRP: $229-249.
- Superalp GTX – A classic outdoor boot that crosses over to hunting in rugged terrain for sheep, elk, etc. The nubuck leather and full rubber rand offer protection while the lacing system is smooth and makes for a perfect snug fit. The Vibram sole makes for great traction on a variety of surfaces. MSRP: $349.
- Hyatsuki GTX – Developed for high-altitude game hunting in snowy and cold conditions. Upper is made with Perwanger and Elastic textile as well as AKU’s patented breathable Air8000 Nylon. Gore-tex liner keeps feet dry while the Primaloft insulation ensures warmth. MSRP: $399.