Snowsports brand Nordica is unveiling its 2024 product line at the Winter Sports Marketing show through Saturday in Salt Lake City. The line consists of additions and changes for racers to backcountry skiers.
“Designed to serve the racing, all-mountain, and all-mountain touring communities, we’re excited to launch several new boots and skis for 2024,” said Sam Beck, Nordica North America’s Business Unit Director. “Since 1999 Dobermann has defined Nordica racing, so we’re very proud to introduce the new Doby 5 with more performance than ever before. And as we continue to push the limits of what an all-mountain boot can do, we’re stoked to introduce the all-new Unlimited boot collection built for skiers that want one boot that can do it all without comprise.
Nordica’s Dobermann race boots are known for bringing racing success to the feet of World Cup athletes as well as to skiers all over the world. For the 2024 race season, Nordica launches the fifth generation of its Dobermann race boots. The boots feature slimmer anatomical profiles inside and out, Bi-injected cuffs, an entirely new sole design, new liners using Heel Link, and several customization features to dial in fit and stance.
The eight-boot Dobermann line consists of two different collections — four models, designated with “RD” in the model names built around a 93mm last, and four models using a 96mm last. Both collections use the exact shell designs and technologies and feature two new liners. MSRP for the collection ranges from $799 to $899.
For all-mountain touring, last season Nordica introduced its Enforcer and Santa Ana Unlimited ski collections. To complete that line, and to add to its all-mountain boot offerings, Nordica is adding the Unlimited boot collection for the 2024 season. The six-boot men’s and women’s collection focus on all-mountain skiing that excels on the descent with the ability to go up. Flex ratings range from 95 to 130, with MSRPs ranging from $949 to $749.
The top-of-the-line men’s Unlimited LT 130 and women’s LT 115 W are examples of the collection. They feature:
- A Tri-Force cuff made of three densities of responsibly sourced and recyclable Grilamid, layered on top of each other for a comfortable precise fit around the shin, a smooth predictable flex, improved lateral support and a stiff spine to support the ski-walk mechanism
- A 65-degree range of motion for confident skinning and hiking on low- to high-angle slopes
- An innovative cable buckle system that cradles the forefoot, and when it’s time to skin or hike, flip up and lock the toe buckle out of the way to loosen the lower shell
- 11 degrees or 13 degrees of forward lean adjustment
- PVC-free 3D Cork Fit Lite liners weighing only 280 grams
- Michelin GripWalk soles, compatible with ISO 22323 alpine and DYN touring bindings, and are replaceable, extending boot life
- Unlimited LT 130 weighs only 1,480 grams per boot (Size 26.5), and the LT 115 W is 1,390 grams per boot (Size 24.5).
Other notable additions for 2024 are the Steadfast ski collection for on-trail skiers who love to rip turns, and two versions of Nordica’s Double Core ski construction.
The Steadfast ski collection is available in three waist widths—85, 80, and 75 millimeters, with prices ranging from $499.99 – $799.99.
The Steadfast DC 85 features a version of Nordica’s Double Core, introduced last season on the Wild Belle DC 84. The version used on the Wild Belle, called Energy DC, consists of an elastomer layer, called Pulse Core, sandwiched between two wood layers. The Steadfast DC 85 uses a new version called Energy TI DC, which has a layer of titanal next to the Pulse Core layer. Adding Nordica’s Double Core technology enhances the stable confident feel for which Nordica skis are known.
Nordica also added a third version of Double Core called Energy 2 TI DC, which features Pulse Core between two wood layers, flanked with a layer of titanal on each side. Energy 2 TI DC is used in key models in the Dobermann race ski line and in the Spitfire on-trail carvers collection.
For information, retailers can see and place orders online by logging into nuorder.com, or contact Nordica at 603.298.6900 or NordicaInfo@nordicausa.com