Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s along with Capital One have announced a multi-year extension of their CLUB credit card program agreement.
The extension allows the companies to continue their strategic partnership, with Capital One delivering digital capabilities, products and experiences to millions of Bass Pro Shops’ and Cabela’s customers.
The agreement will continue to help fuel CLUB members’ love of the outdoors while advancing key conservation initiatives thanks to an annual $1 million donation by Capital One to the Johnny Morris Conservation Foundation.
“Capital One has been a committed partner, helping to unite sportsmen and women across North America through the CLUB card and deepening their passion for the outdoors with industry-leading products and services,” said conservationist and Bass Pro Shops founder/CEO Johnny Morris. “With Capital One’s generous support, our not-for-profit conservation foundation can extend its reach by providing additional support for critical conservation education programs that inspire kids and families to get outside and connect with nature.”
Capital One’s donation will help fund one of the most meaningful aspects of the Johnny Morris Conservation Foundation: its commitment to connecting children to the great outdoors by removing barriers to entry.
The Johnny Morris Conservation Foundation works to introduce a new generation to the wonders of the natural world with educational programs and conservation attractions, including Johnny Morris’ Wonders of Wildlife National Museum and Aquarium (WOW), which was named “America’s Best Aquarium” by USA TODAY.
Specific initiatives include:
- WOW Field Trips and School Programs – Field trips are designed to engage students in the importance of conservation. Student groups participate in a customized curriculum program based on state standards for science while experiencing the immersive museum and aquarium at a significantly discounted admission rate.
- The Wonders of the Ozarks Learning Facility (WOLF) School – The WOLF School is a comprehensive outdoor learning school operated in partnership with Springfield (Mo.) Public Schools, Wonders of Wildlife and Bass Pro Shops. The school inspires and educates the next generation of conservation leaders by offering fifth-grade students a complete curriculum rooted in conservation.
- WOW School – WOW National Outdoor Recreation and Conservation Schools are weekend programs that take place across the state of Missouri designed to teach families how to enjoy a range of outdoor recreation activities while practicing personal safety and outdoor responsibility.
- EdVenture Camps Wonders of Wildlife EdVenture – Camps offer children opportunities to learn new skills and connect with the outdoors each summer. Sessions are held in WOLF School classrooms, outdoor learning space at the John A. and Genny Morris Conservation Education Center and the Conservation and Education Center at Dogwood Canyon Nature Park. Camps are guided by expert conservation educators teaching campers how to interact with live animals, conduct in-depth experiments, create masterpieces and learn new skills in a safe and positive environment.
- Dogwood Canyon Nature Park – Dogwood Canyon Nature Park is a one-of-a-kind experience for nature lovers and adventure seekers. Covering 10,000 acres of pristine Ozark Mountain landscape, the not-for-profit nature park has miles of trout streams, bluffs, waterfalls, bridges and wildlife such as bison, elk and Texas Longhorn cattle. Dogwood Canyon’s Conservation and Education Center offers programs that teach the importance of protecting, conserving and preserving the great outdoors by taking the cause into the classrooms.