The 24th annual Hike the Hill invites participants to join the American Hiking Society and the Partnership for the National Trails System to virtually come together on the trails.
The event brings together the trails community to advance shared priorities with congressional and federal agency leaders including trails funding, public lands management, justice, equity, diversity, inclusion and inclusion, and other top priorities that sustain trails and improve access to public lands.
Because of the ongoing impact of COVID-19, trail partners from across the nation will come together virtually to advocate for legislation, learn about new policies and meet with federal partners, elected officials and their staffs, as well as fellow trail organizations.
A tentative schedule to maximize planning and participation virtually that will occur on select afternoons (2 to 5 p.m. EST) over a three-week period, March 8-26.
• Receive briefings on the top trail issues before Congress and federal agencies
• Learn more about how to advocate for trails
• Hear from federal partners and agency leaders
• Meet with members of Congress (scheduled on your own)
• Meet with the staff of select Congressional Committees (registration doesn’t guarantee meeting participation)
• Network with other trail organizations and user groups
Registration is $75. You can register by going here. https://americanhiking.org/civicrm/?civiwp=CiviCRM&q=civicrm%2Fevent%2Fregister&reset=1&id=81
For more information, email Tyler Ray at firstname.lastname@example.org or Liz Wessel at email@example.com.