Bend Outdoor Worx (BOW), Central Oregon’s outdoor industry accelerator, has announced six stage finalists for the 2018 BOW BreakOut (October 17th at the historic Tower Theatre in Bend, Oregon).
Forty emerging outdoor companies applied for their chance to present at the BOW BreakOut and for the opportunity to win $15,000 in cash grants and a Business Oregon Financing Award of up to $100,000 for Oregon companies. After intensive pitch session days, and thoughtful consideration and deliberation by a panel of judges, the finalists have been determined in each category.
For the BreakOut Award, early stage category, the finalists are:
- Mystic Devices trail adaptive bike lighting system (Eagle, CO)
- Sew Go Outdoors lightweight adventure gaiters (Bend, OR)
- Lacuda resistance training swimsuit for competitive female swimmers and triathletes (Bend, OR),
For the Ready-To-Roll Award, growth stage category, the finalists are:
- Heather’s Choice lightweight backpacking food (Anchorage, Alaska)
- Ombraz Sunglasses featuring a built-in adjustable cord that replaces temple arms (Seattle, WA)
- Bluey Merino wool clothing with a direct farm-to-consumer model. (NSW, Aus)
Tickets for BOW Breakout are available in advance at TowerTheatre.org and at the door.
In addition to the pitch event at the Tower Theatre, Bend Outdoor Worx has added a series of educational sessions during the same day, presented in association with OSU Cascades and Oregon Outdoor Alliance. These sessions will provide useful information from top industry experts for emerging companies.
The BOW BreakOut event is presented by 10 Barrel Brewing, Northline Wealth Management, Ruffwear, First Interstate Bank, Huckabuy, White Summers Law, Price Fronk, Toyko Starfish, BBSI, Robert Axle Project, Bendbroadband, Business Oregon, HydroFlask, City of Bend, Zealios Skincare, Terra Frma, Oregon Entrepreneurs Network, and Hand In Hand Productions.